Rental Bikes & Shop
Bringing your bike
We love cycling in Japan, but as well as that, we just love cycling. And if you're like us and passionate about your cycling you probably have a bike that you simply enjoy riding. We recommend you bring it on holiday with you, particularly if you are on one of our longer “serious” rides. Although we have quality mid range light weight road bikes in our hire fleet, no hire bike can match perfectly the fit and adjustment of your own personal velocipede.
Travelling with your bike is much easier than it used to be and, if planned well, should be hassle free. Before your departure, be sure to have your bike fully serviced and boxed. Most bike shops will offer a bike boxing service. We recommend cardboard boxes over soft bags. Be sure to check with your carrier as to their baggage allowance and bike carriage requirements. More detailed information on preparing your bike for it’s holiday is included in our pre trip information booklet. On arrival in Shikoku or Hokkaido we take over the carriage of your bike, for example, on our Shikoku ride, we use a private coach to transport you and your bike from the airport hotel to the ride's start.
Road bike or Mountain Bike?
Japan’s superb smooth hot mix bitumen roads are perfect for road bikes. Light weight wheels and narrow road tyres make for enjoyable efficient cycling on these manicured black tops. Many people do bring their own mountain bike and this is a personal choice. We do recommend though that you use slicks to get maximum benefit and enjoyment from your Japan cycling holiday. Have any questions about choosing a bike? Just contact us.
We have a fleet of bikes ranging from alloy frames, some with carbon forks, to those with full carbon frames. The Premium and Carbon level bikes all have compact cranks and feature full 2015 Shimano 105 groups sets. Our bike frame sizes range from 42 cm to 60 cm so we should have a size to suit you. Click here to see and/or download full rental rates.
- Standard: Flat or drop bars, some with carbon forks, 8/9/10 speed SORA level gears.
- Premium: Merida alloy frames with carbon forks. Full 2015 Shimano 105 group set with compact cranks and rear cluster 12-32 teeth.
- Carbon: Merida full carbon frame (59 cm frames only). Full 2015 Shimano 105 group set with compact cranks and rear cluster 12-32 teeth.
Bikes Rental Includes the Following
- Rear strobes.
- Bicycle computers.
- Repair kit with pump, multi tool, tyre levers & tube.
- 10 litre water resistant front bag.
- Padded gloves. (Premium & Carbon level only).
- Cleated pedals, SPD or SPD-SL. (Carbon level only).
- GPS route data and/or GPS device.
- Full Waterproof Panniers.
Note: Helmets, padded gloves and cleated pedals can all be rented separately if you have your own bike.